Pages

Saturday, 7 December 2013

Foot Knights

I was going to make the next unit some crossbow but changed my mind and started this unit of heavy foot. All Perry Miniatures. The base is 50mm by 50mm. These guys will be the Burgundians best chance of standing, when the Swiss Pike blocks make contact. The finished unit will be three bases with 14 figures on them. Darren is working on a dismounted command unit with Charles the Bold himself surrounded with retainers.
The army is now starting to take shape. When I add some artillery and crossbow/hangunner bases, I'll then be able to start on the first of the Swiss units, a massive 80man Pike block.

12 comments:

DeanM said...

Those guys look all business - deadly on the battlefield for sure. Nice work as always. Dean

Paul´s Bods said...

Very nice. I wish I had more time and could get a few more 28mm´s painted up.

Dalauppror said...

Stunning work David !

Looking forward to follow your progress in this project.

Best regards Michael

Rodger said...

Beautiful work! These guys look the part!

Chrisfigurines said...

I am really loving watching this collection grow. Superb

Rob said...

Always stunning work. It's nice to see this shape up. I was in Switzerland in August and came home with the Burgundian/Swiss wars bug, so it's good to see this come together.

Keep 'em coming!

Phil Robinson said...

Great stuff David, very inspiring, look forward to seing the next batch.

Phil said...

Beautiful work, as always!

Moiterei_1984 said...

Fantastic painting once again!

painterman said...

Very nice indeed and I'm liking the sound of that 80 figure pike bloc !!
Simon.

Monty said...

Excellent work - very effective!

Monty said...

A nice addition to your collection. Excellent paintjob!