Pages

Sunday 6 August 2023

Seven Years War Claymore 2023

A little update on my SYW project.

Here are some images of the Seven Years War game that we 'The Immortals' gaming group put on at the Edinburgh Wargames show yesterday. Figures are mostly from Claymore Castings with some Foundry miniatures. (I own Claymore Castings).

Figures are from the collections of Brian Phillips, Ian Carter and myself, using my terrain. The buildings were made for me over a number of years by James Sharpe and John Boadle.

We used Nichol Murray's rules 'Prussian Glory" that are a variant of the ACW 'This Hallowed Ground ' free rules by Jay White. Peter, Andy, Ian and Nichol played the game at the show.

The grass mat is a heavy modified / painted one, by myself,  from the company 'killing fields" and is sadly no longer available to buy. I get asked a lot about the mat :)

I think one of the many highlights of the day was chatting with Charles Grant about the period and some ideas for rules. Chatting with Charles has confirmed my commitment  to playing more SYW games!

We had a great day and thought you guys might like a look. We are working on a much bigger game for next year.















9 comments:

  1. Great looking game, the terrain is top notch and the figures aren't half bad either!! Supetb all round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Delighted you like it. David

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your SYW game at Claymore. Exceptional miniatures, buildings and terrain.
    Look forward to more posts covering this period.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. I hope to keep adding to this. Your support and encouragement is appreciated. David

      Delete
  3. I missed Claymore this year so thanks for sharing these superb pics of your game yesterday. One day I may get back to my small Bavarian army from Eureka Miniatures.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ross. I hope we can catch up at some point. David

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the other Blogs I follow had a few images from Claymore and the fantastic castle/ schloss/town shown in your game was one of them. The whole game looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete