Pages

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Major-general Leontiev


 Finished my command base for the Russian brigade. This is my Major-general Leontiev who command the brigade at Kunersdorf.

The brigade 

I was asked about the paints I used for the greens and reds on this project. I chose the colours for painting large numbers fast and so I can go back and replicate the recipe in the future.

Here they are..

Reds

1: Base of GW Mephiston Red.
2: Light wash with Army Painted Stong Tone, thined out with a touch of water.
3: A highlight of GW Evil Sunz Scarlet.

The Green

1: Base of Foundry Russian Green B.
2: A slight wash with Strong Tone thinned out with a touch of water.
3: A highlight of Russian Green C and a touch of flesh added.

Hope this helps!

David

6 comments:

  1. Nice command stand and brigade. Thanks for the colour info. Might have to grab the Foundry ones and give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice command stand, they look great, sets the brigade of nicely. Good to see what paint you used as well, notes have been taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool... never thought of mixing flesh in the green. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The command stand set your brigade off excellently. Thanks for the colour info on the red and green, I'll add it to the mixes.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking command staff David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work, and thanks for sharing the paint recipes.

    ReplyDelete