Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Zorndorf daydreaming

Thought I would set out a new stretch goal for myself to achieve with the Seven Years War project.

I'm using a slightly modified orbat for the battle of Zorndorf scenario published in the 'Might and Reason' rules.

Here is my checklist of what is done and still to be painted.

I will update this in a few weeks time to see how things have progressed.


 Russian Army: Fermor (Average).

Saltykov (0)

1x Grenadiers: Done.

4x Musketeers; Done.

2x Heavy Artillery: Done.

Gallitzin (0)

1x Grenadiers: Unpainted.

4x Musketeers:Done

2x Heavy Artillery: Unpainted 

Browne (0)

3x Musketeers: Done

1x Grenadiers: Unpainted.

1x Heavy Artillery: Unpainted.

Demiku (+1)

2x Hussars: Unpainted.

2x Cuirassiers (6 SPs each): Unpainted.

Gaugreben (-1)

1x Cuirassiers (6 SPs): Done.

1x Hussars; Unpainted.

2x Cossacks: Unpainted.


Prussian Army: Frederick (Great)

Manteuffel * (+1)

2x Grenadiers: Done.

Seydlitz * (+1) V

1x Cuirassiers: Done.

1x Dragoons: Unpainted. 

2x Hussars: 1 painted and 1 unpainted.

Dohna (+1) V

1x Grenadiers: Unpainted.

3x Musketeers: Painted.

1x Fusiliers: Painted.

Kanitz (0)

2x Musketeer: 1 Painted and 1 unpainted. 

1x Fusiliers: Painted.

Bieberstein (0) V

2x Dragoons: Unpainted.

Schorlemer (+1)

2x Cuirassiers: Unpainted.

5x Heavy Artillery (under Frederick):1 Painted and 4 unpainted.


Here is my collection so far..


As of today I have..

Russian

11 x 30man Russian Infantry units and 1 x 12 figure currasier unit.

Prussian  

8 x 30man Prussian Infantry, 1 x small Hussars and 1 x Currasiers.

I will extend my games table to a 6 by 12 for this game.





4 comments:

  1. Ah, Zorndorf. A battle I have fought a couple of times on my table. Good luck in your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed your blog Jonathan.. looking over your SYW posts and love it

      Delete
  2. Good plan and you have a fair bit done, looking forward to the update, when all done should be an impressive sight on the table. The checklist is a handy tool to see what' left on the orbat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donnie, if I reduce the units to 24s I could squeeze out a lot more units. I will keep going as per the 30man bn idea but keep the 24s as a back ip plan.

    ReplyDelete