Pages

Friday 31 March 2023

SYW

 The Combat of St. Ulriich.

A gallery of my new SYW miniatures. ( Claymore Castings).





















My version of the small, fictional, SYW scenario from the 'Honours of War' rules. 

This senario only needs 5 infantry units, 2 cavalry units and 2 guns (in total).

 I'm using large 30 man units rather than the 20s used in the book, mostly for the look than gaming. However, my units can be made into smaller units for larger games when required.

I only have half of what's needed painted up and I'm slowly working on the rest.  Here are some images of a small part of the table I'm creating for a demo game.

Building made for my collection by James Sharpe and river by 'Debris of War'.

Prussian command base by Thomas Foss .

12 comments:

  1. Your collection is absolutely splendid. You're a master of faces, I have a lot of these figures and struggle to do half as well. Thanks for the inspiration, SYW is one of those figures that really rewards fine bushwork, so I will bookmark this page for motivation when I do my next SYW unit.
    Again, bravo.
    Michael the Mad Padre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michael the Mad Padre.
    I'm glad you like these.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful brushwork and the start of a most excellent SYW collection.

    I look forward to following progress.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully painted miniatures and the start of a great SYW collection.

    I look forward to following progress.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection, first class painting, really nice. I like this scenario, small number of units required means you can get it on the table as the collection builds, looking forward to seeing more of your SYW as it builds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work on some lovely figures David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the kind wrords. I will keep adding to this project over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John Ray,
    I love your collection and my SYW collection is inspired by you!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christopher(aka Axebreaker)
    Glad you like them Christopher!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You David.

    It is good to know that my collection is of some inspiration.
    I remember sometime ago a friend of yours and another wonderful painter started a SYW project Prussians vs Russians......Brian Phillips.

    I look forward to more posts.

    Regards
    John

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really lovely figures and terrain there! Fun to see a manageable scenario too.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete