Pages

Saturday 21 August 2021

First unit based

 





With he first group of Imperialist troops done, I decided to paint up a small command base. This time I used a Bohemian Miniatures officer alongside a TAG Miniatures. The Bohemian miniature is wearing full armour and just feels right for the period. I have also ordered up the TAG miniatures 'General Wallienstine' command pack as these troops are intended for his army. I'm looking forward to receiving that set. 

The flag is by Flags of War. I have been asked how do I get the folds in the flag. Here is a link to a video that Iain McDonald made explaining how... 

I will move on now and paint up another section of troops almost identical in composition to the first, the idea being that the two sections can join in together and form a larger Tercio type formation or be fielded side by side in a Brigade formation. Either way they will just be small 'comic book' representations of these formations on the table top rather than an attempted reconstruction of the real thing.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely regiment, superb painting. I like the town wall and gateway very nice.

    I use 12 muskets & 8 pikes + command for a foot regiment, works well for me especially with 40mm figs on a larger footprint.

    (last additions to the Pike & Shot collection ....
    https://cavalierecw.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-saxe-jarlsberg-army.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The completed unit is outstanding - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete