Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2022

The Immortals

Here are some images of the ancients game our gaming group 'The Immortals' had at the weekend. 

Figures are all 28mm Victrix and Aventine from the collections of Brian Phillips and myself. We used Nichol Murray's ancients version of his Medieval rules. The game was inspired by the battle of Pydna 168BC. Macadonian Successors Vs Republican Romans.

Brian and I have been collecting these figures for the last few years, between us we have about 2k figures for the period. I have focused on the Romans and Brian on the Successors but we have figures for each sides in our Collections. The large game mat was made for myself by Thomas Foss and detailed with some static grass by myself. The table is roughly 13.5 foot long.

The game was a test run for the large game we (The Immortals Gaming Group) are displaying at the Claymore wargames show this Saturday the 6th August 2022.  

We are looking forward to the second outing on Saturday but for those of you that can't get the Claymore show in Edinburgh on Saturday...here are some images.
















4 comments:

  1. If I can bring myself to travel over the border David, this game should convince me to bite the bullet. Your talent knows no limits, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys. Its great to play these massive Ancient games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks rather impressive, congrats.
    Where can I learn more about the rules you used?

    ReplyDelete