Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

IR21

 

Next unit added for my Seven Years War collection. The 2nd Bn, Infantry Regiment number 21. 

This time painted for my collection by Colin Davidson and based by myself to match the other's I painted. Claymore Castings miniatures and flags by Flags of War. 

As you can see the Prussian brigade is now taking shape and it is beginning to look like a small SYW game on the table. 

This is now the 5 infantry units done that I require for the scenario I'm planning. I just need to paint up 2 x Artillery guns and 2 x units of Cavalry and this project is ready to start being gamed with.

I'm already thinking (daydreaming) about the second phase for this project. Once the 2 Cavalry units are painted, I'll add the second Bns for each of the regiments painted so far. 

However, I now need to turn my attention back to the ACW project. I'm doing that as a Demo Game at Partizan in May with Dave Andrews and Nichol Murray...and have lots to do for that! I'll show images of that project soon.


Prussian Hussars are next :)

8 comments:

  1. He did a great job and fits in well with the other lovely units you did.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did a great job. It helps me to get larger numbers done quicker and I know his painting fits in. Colin is doing more for me.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on those Prussians, you must be very happy with them, As you say it is beginning to look like a battle, looking forward to seeing the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying seeing this developing. Your comments are much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Another excellent addition. Like the choice of regiments, IR19, 21 & 35.
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted John. I'm working towards the Lieutenant-General Hülsen Division
      Thile Brigade at Kunersdorf.
      Markgraf Carl (2 bns)
      Hülsen (2 bns)
      Knobloch Brigade
      Finck (2 bns)
      Prinz Heinrich von Preußen Fusiliers (2 bns)
      Vacant Wedel (2 bns)

      Delete
  4. Great work - tricorn wearing troops are hard to beat for aesthetic appeal, and these are very nice examples indeed! Now off you go and paint boring old ACW (just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete